2nd & 3rd Grade Boys League Specific Rules
- Everyone must play equal time. 2 quarters min.
Example for 8 players
1st quarter 2nd quarter 3rd quarter 4th quarter
1 6 3 8
2 7 4 1 (sub)
3 8 5 2 (sub)
4 1 6 3 (sub)
5 2 7 4 (sub)
- The game will consist of four (4), eight (8) minute quarters with a running clock. The only exception being the clock will stop for official time outs and on every whistle in the final three (3) minutes of the fourth quarter. The clock does not stop in over time.
- There will be five fouls per player.
- The team will shoot bonus shots on the 7th team foul each half with 2 shots on the 10th team foul.
- The ten second rule for getting the ball across the half court mark will be enforced.
- There will be a five (5) second lane violation rule.
- Full court pressure is not allowed.
- Defensive pressure can begin at the volleyball line in the front-court.
- Offensive team must get the ball past mid-court in 10 seconds and then will have five (5) seconds to get past the defensive volleyball line. If the ball in inbounded in the offensive end, the team will have five (5) seconds to get the ball past the volleyball line.
- Once the offensive team gets the ball past the volleyball line, the protection of the volleyball line is removed. The defense may then pick up to half-court.
- Each team will play a man-to-man defense. Wrist bands will be used to coordinate defensive assignments. There will be free in-bounds in the backcourt including the front court to the volleyball line.
- The games will be played on eight and one-half (8 1/2) foot goals.
- Game Ball Size: – 28.5
- Free substitutions in the 4th quarter, (if every player has played at least two (2) full quarters) no player can play four (4) quarters.
- Free-throw rebounding is as follows: The player may enter the lane once the shooter releases the ball.
- Each team will provide one (1) person per game to run the clock or keep the scorebook. The game will not start until each team provides one.
- If a team is ahead by 15 points or more, score accumulation for the leading team will be suspended until the difference is less than 15.
- First 3 games steals will not be allowed by the defense unless it is a pass or a loose ball.
- Teams can double-team in the lane once the offensive player has gotten by the original defender.
- Players are allowed to stand with hands straight up to defend a shot. Jumping, reaching, etc. will not be allowed.
- Fast breaks are NOT allowed.
- Teams are encouraged to allow every player to bring the ball up the floor during each game.
- The General Rules for NYB also apply for this league.
- If a rule is not covered above, we will use ISHAA rules.
(Updated - Nov. 6, 2015)